Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Baby is Sick

She is sick.. Caught a fever last Tuesday. Daddy did not realise that the little one is sick till when I came home from work. Daddy was complaining that the little one was rejecting dinner and was cranky the whole night.

I carried the little one out of the high chair wanting to clean her up since she does not want dinner only to find that she was running a temperature. No wonder she was cranky. Gave her a quick bath and measured her temp which was 37.8 degrees. Gave her paracetamol immediately and she slept.

Her temperature rose to 38.5 in the middle of the night and I had to bath her to bring her temp down. It was difficult to make her drink some milk before giving her another dose of medication. The worst thing was that I had to fly off the next day. I could only bring her to the doc in the morning and bring her to my in laws following that. Frankly, I flew with a heavy heart.

I am lucky that my in laws love her so much that they were willing to do anything for her. Hubs took leave the next day to take care of her as we were afraid that her temperature will spike at night triggering fits. He had to monitor her temperature faithfully throughout the night. Poor hubs... did not have sufficient sleep that few days till I was back. Luckily her fever broke on Friday and on Saturday she was feeling lots better.

They picked me up from the airport that day and I could see that she was very lethargic and weak. When I looked at her closely, I realised that she was having some rashes! I have heard that rashes were common after toddler's fever break. I heave a sigh of relieve but was still worried. The rashes did not disappear the next day hence we skipped swimming lessons and Zac's First Birthday Celebration.

Friends saw my post on FB and called me. Some also offered answers on why she was having rashes. A friend suggested that she was having Roseola Rash or Infant Rash. I googled it and the symptoms described on one of the websites really described what Janelle had.

1) Red or pink raised rash all over the body
2) Easily irritable

She had the runs today and we brought her to the doc as the rashes seem to have increased in numbers. I guess being a first time parent; we brought her to the doctor for confirmation. We were given some lotion to apply and medication to reduce the rash. Hope that she will be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment